Friday, September 11, 2020

Posting my writing on a long disused blog

Katafygia - Burden of Dreams 2019











I tried reviving my ERRguitar blog to share my writing, especially output from Kevin Bone's Word Slingers, but alas, somehow Facebook blocks that blog for non-compliance with its <sarcasm>vaunted</sarcasm> Community Standards. That might be just 'garden walls' against Blogspot or because earlier content on that 15-year old blog shared film images and sound files and could be interpreted as a violation of intellectual property rights (I think that's a stretch).

So here we go again, reviving a 12-year old blog devoted to mobile phone images. Let's see if this is more agreeable to Facebook. Why Facebook, because it's a convenient way to share links via Messenger or the FB feed directly. We'll see. Won't we?

Reviewing its history, I'd forgotten the blog was intended as a site for fellow Brand Ramblers hiking club members to post their photos via an email link. Hence the abbreviation in the URL as BRGOMO, Brand Ramblers Go Mobile. Alas, the Brand Ramblers are no more as they were associated with a now defunct software outfit based in Glendale CA on Brand Blvd. Rest In Peace and keep hitting the trail you ramblers. Low before its demise, Brand Ramblers moved onto Facebook and Twitter so the site became a place for my Motorola Razr pics which I especially loved for their skewed resolution and impressionistic rendering.

Please note that I'm posting this update on September 11, 2020 but have added in the previous 3 Word Slingers posts to their actual posting dates on the ERRguitar blog,

PS: The image is of "Katafygia - Burden of Dreams" an artwork from 2019 that I contributed to the Refuge show at Joshua Tree's Beatnik Lounge. Also note this photo is is from 2019 LG mobile phone and not a 2008 era Motorola Razr.